SAFe for Lean Enterprises
The Lean Enterprise is a thriving digital age business that delivers competitive systems and solutions to its customers in the shortest sustainable lead time.
SAFe® for Lean Enterprises is a knowledge base of proven, integrated principles, practices, and competencies for Lean, Agile, and DevOps.
The Scaled Agile Framework applies the power of Agile, along with the contemporary knowledge found in systems thinking and Lean product development to help businesses address the significant challenges of developing and delivering enterprise-class software and systems in the shortest sustainable lead time. It is an online freely revealed knowledge base of proven success patterns for implementing Lean-Agile software and systems at enterprise scale.
The Business Benefits of SAFe
Enterprise, Distinguished Technologist Enterprises must learn how to adapt quickly to changing technology, and economic conditions or they will become extinct, no matter their size, strength or how smart they are. Even businesses that don’t consider themselves Information Technology (IT) or software companies—professional services, financial services, manufacturers, healthcare institutions, government agencies, and more—are now all highly dependent on their ability to produce new digital products and services. It is the mission of Scaled Agile Inc (SAI) is to assist these enterprises with the growth of their digital business through the development and publication of the SAFe knowledgebase, as well as accompanying certification, training, courseware, and a global network of more than 150 tooling and service partners.
Improves System Development Outcomes
Created from over a decade of field experience, SAFe draws from four primary bodies of knowledge: Agile development, Systems Thinking, Lean product development, and DevOps. It helps enterprises answer the following types of questions:
- How do we align business and technical goals?
- How do we deliver new value on a predictable schedule so that the rest of the business can plan?
- How do we improve the quality of our solutions and delight our customers?
- How do we scale Agile practices from the team to the program and business unit, and across the enterprise, to deliver better results?
- How do we organize people around value so that our programs deliver it effectively and avoid the delays inherent in a traditional, functional structure?
- How do we create an environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and relentless improvement for our people?
- How can we change our culture so that it tolerates failure and rewards risk-taking and continuous learning? How can we help our teams improve without getting in the way?
By adopting SAFe—and applying its well-described set of values, principles, and practices—the enterprise can address these questions and realize greater business and individual benefits.
Now in its fifth major revision, SAFe 4.6 is improving business outcomes for companies of all sizes across the world. SAFe has produced dramatic improvements in time to market, employee engagement, higher quality, higher customer satisfaction, and overall improved economic outcomes. It also helps create cultures that are more productive, rewarding, and fun.
Figure 1. highlights these benefits as derived directly from Case Studies written by SAFe customers.