SAFe® for Architects (V5.0)
Those who attend this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and must have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending this one.
The class registration includes:
Eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Architect (ARCH) exam
One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
Course certificate of completion
- Limited complimentary Agile toolkit book ---- <<Sun Tzu The Art of Agile Software Delivery>>
(Collect this book on attendance)
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Architect attendees should be able to:
- Architect using SAFe principles
- Align architecture with business value
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach architects and team members during Program Increment (PI) Planning and execution
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation
Learning Goals Topics Covered What Attendees Get
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® 5 Architect certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Architect digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 5 Architect, which includes access to the ARCH Community of Practice
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- System, Solution, and Enterprise architects
- Architects in supporting technical disciplines
- Experienced software developers
- Technical managers making architectural decisions
- Product leaders collaborating with architects
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Exam name: SAFe® 5 Architect Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 5 Architect course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
Sample Test Questions available
More Exam Details
Attendees may be eligible to apply for up to 24 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Instructional hours spent on each area of the PMI Talent Triangle
Technical numbers for each certification cannot exceed the technical number listed here
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
How to submit your PDUs? Please click the link below:
The SAFe® for Architects course prepares Architects to engage across the organization as effective leaders and change agents. During this three-day course, attendees explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, learn how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems-of-systems while supporting SAFe program execution.
Nothing beats An Agile Team,
except a highly trained one.
Attendees can improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe® Lean-Agile enterprise when they become a SAFe 5 Architect. The SAFe® for Architects course prepares System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects to engage across the organization as effective leaders and change agents who collaboratively deliver architectural solutions. During this three-day course, attendees will explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, and appreciate how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems-of-systems while supporting SAFe program execution.
This course is for senior technical contributors who need to understand the role of System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects in Lean-Agile enterprises. The course is also appropriate for individuals desiring a deeper view into how architecture enables continuous value flow and how architects engage in, and contribute to, a Lean-Agile enterprise.