Nothing beats An Agile Team, except a highly trained one.
SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (v4.6.0)
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- Limited complimentary Agile toolkit book ---- <<Sun Tzu The Art of Agile Software Delivery>>
(Collect this book on attendance)
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
Learning Goals Topics Covered What Attendees Get
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with SASM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
- Renewal fee for the SSM certification is included in SASM renewal (if your SASM certification is up-to-date)
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Applying a Lean-Agile mindset
with SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master certificate
based on version 4.6.0 of SAFe
How to submit your PDUs? Please click the link below:
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
Existing Scrum Masters
Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an
Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
Agile Program Managers
Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers