SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (V5.0)
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
The class registration includes:
(Collect this book on attendance)
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
Learning Goals Topics Covered What Attendees Get
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online\
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with SASM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Exam Name: SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice;
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
Sample Test Questions available
More Exam Details
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
How to submit your PDUs? Please click the link below:
For SAFe® Scrum Masters or equivalent responsible for program execution. Learn scalable engineering, DevOps practices, and facilitate cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement in an enterprise environment. SAFe® Advanced Scrum Masters develop a systems view of the Scrum Master role in an enterprise with a focus on integrated practices for facilitating teams in larger Agile programs.
Nothing beats An Agile Team,
except a highly trained one.