Nothing beats An Agile Team, except a highly trained one.
SAFe® Agile Software Engineering
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance
The class registration includes:
(Collect this book on attendance)
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
To perform the role of a SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer attendees should be able to:
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Create shared understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicate with Agile modeling
- Design from context for testability
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Utilize the test infrastructure for automated testing
Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Apply Lean-Agile Principles to optimize the flow of value
- Create an Agile Software Engineering plan
Learning Goals Topics Covered What Attendees Get
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer certificate
- A SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer, which includes access to the ASE Community of Practice
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
The discipline of software engineering has evolved over the past decades with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. New skills and approaches help organizations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality. During this three-day, workshop-oriented course, attendees learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline.
Attendees will learn how continuous flow of value delivery and building quality in are enabled by modern practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD). Attendees will learn proven practices to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They will know the practices that build quality into code (abstraction, encapsulation, intentional programming) and designs (SOLID, Design patterns). Attendees will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
This course targets the technical members of an Agile Team – developers and testers. Product Owners, Scrum Master, Managers, and others with a less technical background would also be very beneficial as they would gain an understanding of the development process so that team collaboration will become more effective.
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
• Renewal fee is $100
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
How to submit your PDUs? Please click the link below:
Attending the class prepares
individuals to take the exam
and become a certified SAFe®
Agile Software Engineer (ASE)