All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
Exam prerequisite skills:
5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
Experience in Scrum
- Exam requirements:
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe professional is to attend the Leading SAFe® course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
The class registration includes:
(Collect this book on attendance)
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Lead the transformation to
- Business Agility with SAFe
Become a Lean-Agile Leader
- Understand customer needs with Design Thinking
- Enable Agile Product Delivery
- Implement Lean Portfolio Management
Becoming a Certified SAFe® Agilist requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Agilist PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
During this two-day course, attendees gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps.
Participants in the class gain insights into mastering Business Agility in order to thrive in the competitive market. They discuss how to establish team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. They also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs). Participants in the class explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and design thinking approach to agile product delivery. Learners also develop an understanding for implementing a Lean Portfolio Management function in their enterprise.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
Program and Project Managers
Product and Product Line Management
Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Agilist Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Agilist Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course
Sample Test Questions available
More Exam Details
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
How to submit your PDUs? Please click the link below:
For leaders of a Lean-Agile change initiative to develop a Lean-Agile Mindset and apply the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) to support Agile Teams, programs, and Program Portfolio Management. Coordinate and lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale.
Nothing beats An Agile Team,
except a highly trained one.