Nothing beats An Agile Team, except a highly trained one.
SAFe® For Government (v4.6.0)
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe House of Lean, and SAFe Principles is required using pre-work suggestions
- A foundational understanding the full lifecycle of government technology programs is helpful
- Registered attendees will receive a list of readings and videos specific to Agile in government that will be beneficial to review before the course
Applying a Lean-Agile mindset with SAFe
with SAFe® 4 Agilist Certification
based on version 4.6.0 of SAFe
The class registration includes:
(Collect this book on attendance)
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
To perform the role of a SAFe® for Government leader, attendees should be able to:
Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe
Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
Learning Goals Topics Covered What Attendees Get
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® 4 Government Practitioner certificate
- A SAFe® 4 Government Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 4 Government Practitioner, which includes access to the SGP Community of Practice
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context. But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe. Attendees will also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change, even in government.
This course is designed for government leaders and influencers who can guide the decision to adopt SAFe within their agency or program. Examples include:
- Executives, directors, branch chiefs
- Managers of development, engineering, QA, architecture, operations, support
- Program and project managers
- Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
• Renewal fee is $100
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
How to submit your PDUs? Please click the link below: