Nothing beats An Agile Team, except a highly trained one.
Implementing SAFe® (v4.6.0)
Leading SAFe® – Days 1 and 2
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
Designing the Implementation
Launching an ART
Coaching ART Execution
Extending to the Portfolio
Sustaining and Improving
Becoming a SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant exam and practice as a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
Attending the class prepares
individuals to take the exam
and become a Certified SAFe® 4
Program Consultant (SPC)
The class registration includes:
(Collect this book on attendance)
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), attendees should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Learning Goals Topics Covered What Attendees Get
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) certificate
- A SAFe® 4 Program Consultant digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a Certified SAFe®Program Consultant, which includes access to the SPC Community of Practice
- A SAFe® Program Consultant certification usage guide with SPC certification marks
- Access to online Trainer Enablement plans to qualify to teach and certify others in Leading SAFe® (SA), SAFe®for Government (SGP), SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM), SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM), SAFe®Advanced Scrum Master (SASM), SAFe® DevOps (SDP), SAFe® Agile Software Engineering (ASE), SAFe® for Teams (SP), and SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE).*
*You must be a certified RTE and an SPC to teach the RTE course, and only Gold Partner SPCTs can qualify to teach the RTE course in a public environment.
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during and throughout their SAFe journey
During this four-day course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
Becoming a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, will enable attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
• Renewal fee is $100
- Exam name – SAFe 4 Program Consultant Exam.
- Exam format – Multiple choice.
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed.
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
Number of questions – 60.
More Exam Details
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate).
- Language – English.
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
How to submit your PDUs? Please click the link below: